Avocet branding - What do you think?

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Mon Mar 30 12:59:55 UTC 2015

On 30/03/2015 10:32, Gervase Markham wrote:
> I don't want to pour cold water on anyone's enthusiasm to demonstrate
> that Thunderbird is alive and well, but rearranging logos and names may
> not be the best outlet for that enthusiasm.

Marketing is not for the conservative existing user base ;-)

I think a catchy name "Thunderbird 38 - Avocet" and playing with the
artwork is a great way to show that something is happening. Google do
this frequently on their homepage and it's nice to see that they vary
it. Who cares about just another number?

Adding a bird name shows that a new era is starting. I didn't know what
an avocet was, buy hey, there's always Google. As a non-native English
speaker I also didn't know a tahr or pangolin (Ubuntu) was - look the
spell-checker also doesn't know a tahr.

Jorg K.