Avocet branding - What do you think?

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 20:34:42 UTC 2015

Just 2 comments inline:

It is just a build name, I don't think this is better or worse. It is like OS 10
Panther or whatever they are using or Android Icecream Sandwich

> 4. You wrote that you would use customized artwork to announce a release, but
> Thunderbird in general would use the conventional branding.
>> From a branding/marketing viewpoint, this is not good. Create artwork
> and stay with it. The most hardcore branding advocates will even dictate the
> background color the artwork is placed on.
>
> Imagine we get some good online reviews for TB 38 with a black avocet. These reviews
> stay up for years, and they will often show the artwork. When people go to download
> TB, they will not see this artwork anymore but only the "conventional" one, or even
> the next bird artwork. They will be confused.
Not sure if the artwork is going to replace but if this is a build name I would
definitely say we keep the Thunderbird as a part.

e.g. Thunderbird Avocet, Thunderbird Bunting ... etc.

Axel