Avocet branding - What do you think?

Josiah Bruner josiah at programmer.net
Sun Mar 29 14:00:25 UTC 2015

I'd give it a 2.5 I guess. I don't really think using bird names is an
effective way to solve point 1, and possibly point 2. I feel like after
a while the version numbers will still become extremely confusing. For
example, I could not tell you a single Ubuntu release code name, instead
I just remember the version numbers. And I don't know, Thunderbird 38
(Avocet) just seems unnecessary to me, and I would prefer we just fix
our numbering system. (E.G. Use year numbers, Thunderbird 2015).

All that said, I wouldn't grow seriously irritated if we did use the
names (as long as there still exists some numerical system), but I do
have a stronger opposition to the logo, although that's not relevant to
this thread.

Josiah