Avocet branding - What do you think?

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Sun Mar 29 13:17:47 UTC 2015

On 3/28/2015 7:44 PM, R Kent James <kent at caspia.com> wrote:
> I'm getting a bit of pushback to my previously announced plans to use
> Avocet and Bunting as branding for Thunderbird releases 38 and 45.
> I'm curious - do I have any support for this, or do you think it's a
> bad idea? I would appreciate feedback, just reply with your attitude
> on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being "I hate it" and 5 being "I love it"
> (this is for the branding names, not for the graphics below).

To clarify (I don't recall a post about this, so maybe this question was
answered there)...

The release would be called 'Thunderbird Avocet' or 'Thunderbird
Bunting'? Meaning, you are not doing away with the 'Thunderbird' brand,
you're doing away with the version NUMBER?

IF so, then I am fairly agnostic about it (agree that more familiar
names should be used if possible), but if you are changing from
'Thunderbird 38' to just 'Avocet', then I give it a 1...