Softmaker Office

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Tue Mar 17 07:49:51 UTC 2015

On 17/03/2015 07:10, Dave Koelmeyer wrote:
> No idea if there's any merit to this statement or how much will make
> it back into the open, but FWIW.

No harm in asking, or is there? I e-mailed them this:

===

Hi,

I've just read this on your website:
===
Will SoftMaker be involved with the Thunderbird project?

Yes. Thunderbird is a great collaborative effort, and SoftMaker wants to
be part of the Thunderbird development community. To this end, we are
assigning an experienced developer to work full-time on the Thunderbird
code and add valuable enhancements.

SoftMaker's goal is to build Thunderbird into the best-performing
competition to Microsoft Outlook. In doing so, SoftMaker puts a high
premium on good cooperation with the volunteer team working on Thunderbird.
===

Perhaps your developer can introduce himself/herself to the Thunderbird
team at one of the bi-weekly meetings or via the planning mailing list.
Details:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/StatusMeetings