The infamous Mozilla core editor

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Fri Mar 6 14:58:04 UTC 2015

On 3/6/2015 8:47 AM, Axel Grude <axel.grude at gmail.com> wrote:
> I know there is a bug for this but I cannot find it:
>
>   * In HTML mode, "Paragraph" style should be preselected, not body.
>   * Enter should create / split <p> </p>
>   * Shift-Enter should create <br>
>

> So many people get it wrong (only press Enter once) and then their
> paragraphs are "glued together". This is something so fundamental, and
> works so well in Outlook.

Well... I would challenge that at least. Outlook is one of the worst
when it comes to composing and rendering HTML email, due to its reliance
on a totally crippled HTML rendering engine (Word).

Why Microsoft decided to switch from IE to Word for the HTML rendering
in Outlook is just something I (and millions of other folks) will never
understand. The only rational reason I can think of is some kind of
misguided attempt to motivate Outlook users to buy Office (or at least
Word).