The infamous Mozilla core editor

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 13:47:20 UTC 2015

I know there is a bug for this but I cannot find it:

  * In HTML mode, "Paragraph" style should be preselected, not body.
  * Enter should create / split <p> </p>
  * Shift-Enter should create <br>

So many people get it wrong (only press Enter once) and then their paragraphs are
"glued together". This is something so fundamental, and works so well in Outlook.
Expectation in HTML is that pressing Enter simply starts a new paragraph.
Unfortunately most people have no concept of paragraphs, but they see them all the
time in their word editing / layout software. Most of these have a visibility switch
for paragraph marks.

thanks,
Axel

Software Developer