The infamous Mozilla core editor

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Thu Mar 5 23:25:45 UTC 2015

On 3/5/2015 2:13 PM, Jörg Knobloch wrote:
> IMHO in the upcoming negotiations with Mozilla one of the points to
> discuss is the Mozilla support for their own core product, the editor.
Just to be clear, there are no current plans to try to persuade Mozilla
to increase their support of areas that are important to Thunderbird,
either directly or indirectly. (This is partly because we hear from
multiple Mozilla sources that it would be a waste of effort to do so).
Our current goals are to operate as an independent project under the
Mozilla umbrella, to be allowed to raise funds and otherwise operate as
a legitimate, self-governing group. As far as we know there are no
serious policy obstacles to this, only procedural issues that we are
trying to overcome.

:rkent