Fwd: Recent Experience with people misrepresenting themselves as official Thunderbird

Tyler Downer tdowner at mozilla.com
Wed Jun 17 14:58:37 UTC 2015

This user fell victim to a common scam, the tech support scam (
http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0346-tech-support-scams). I've
responded to the user, and looped in the legal team. There is likely
nothing that can be done but worth notifying them. Unfortunately these sort
of scams are common and hard for users to tell the difference from legit
tech support companies.

Tyler Downer
Project Manager, User Advocacy