Fwd: Recent Experience with people misrepresenting themselves as official Thunderbird

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Wed Jun 17 05:42:16 UTC 2015

My reading of this is that the company claims to support Mozilla
Thunderbird, and probably overstated their position in a possibly
confusing way, but I would need more evidence before I would be
convinced that they misrepresented themselves as being Mozilla in an
illegal way. The problem started when the customer tried to contact
Mozilla, and was confused about how to do that.

To me this is just one more piece of evidence that people are desperate
for competent, personal tech support, and the current pathways that we
provide are not adequate for someone whose livelihood depends on
properly functioning email. We could provide value to our users by
developing partnerships with paid support companies that we could
recommend. Yet that is not an easy path for us to manage.

Kent James