Thunderbird 38.0 is out

Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) vseerror at lehigh.edu
Fri Jun 12 19:09:37 UTC 2015

Greetings.

New version of Thunderbird is released as 38.0.1.
Automatic updates are NOT enabled at this time.
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/38.0.1/releasenotes

(Note - timing was such that 38.0 was never released, and 38.0.1 is
numbered to align with what Firefox has last released.)

Please post _important_ support, addon, documentation and bug issues on
https://thunderbird.etherpad.mozilla.org/thunderbird38-support-issues as
you encounter them. This is not to replace proper bug reports and the
like, but rather using etherpad allows us to track and act in an
organized way so we do not miss important items as they emerge during
the rollout.

Regarding bugs, please do not post every common garden variety bug in
etherpad. Be selective by thinking, "it is a very serious issue that
impacts a high percentage of users, that we must fix in the next couple
point releases".

Please also give extra attention to newly filed issues in BMO
http://mzl.la/1GCCFMN and
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/thunderbird  New hands are
welcome even if you touch only a couple items, it helps!

Go Thunderbird 38!