Google and OAuth 2.0

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Sat Jan 31 08:46:59 UTC 2015

Hi All,

Just looking at the Gmail account warning in this help doc:

  * https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-gmail

My understanding was that by enabling the less secure apps setting for
the Gmail account in question Thunderbird would continue to function
with Gmail in the same way it always has. I created a free Gmail account
myself a week or two ago, and by making this setting I can connect using
Thunderbird fine. I also noted information from a Google developer on
the matter at
http://mailman13.u.washington.edu/pipermail/imap-protocol/2014-September/002326.html.

Is stating that it won't work at all until April 2015 not really accurate?

Cheers,
Dave

--
Dave Koelmeyer