Thunderbird Discussions with Mozilla (was Marketing Module)

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 03:39:48 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 2:51 PM, Axel Grude <axel.grude at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's all good,  can we somehow give our unanimous thoughts on that
> it would be good to stay under the Mozilla organization and its core values
> on a free (as in freedom) and open Web? I feel it is important to state
> that the community hasn't lost faith with the main Mozilla mission and that
> we think that the larger Firefox community and the smaller Thunderbird
> community can both thrive and gain from collaboration. I can't put it into
> great words but I hope you know what I mean.

I do not think that would even be up for discussion as Mozilla owns the
trademarks and also pays the very significant bills that power the building
of each release and hosting the site and downloads. I do not think they are
going to just relinquish ownership to community I think when Mitchell
announced the transition the idea was for development and project
governance but not ownership.