Thunderbird Discussions with Mozilla (was Marketing Module)

Kent James kent at caspia.com
Wed Jan 7 23:07:05 UTC 2015

On 1/7/2015 2:51 PM, Axel Grude wrote:

> I think it's all good,  can we somehow give our unanimous thoughts on
> that it would be good to stay under the Mozilla organization and its
> core values on a free (as in freedom) and open Web? I feel it is
> important to state that the community hasn't lost faith with the main
> Mozilla mission and that we think that the larger Firefox community
> and the smaller Thunderbird community can both thrive and gain from
> collaboration. I can't put it into great words but I hope you know
> what I mean.
>
> Axel

The overwhelming majority of the Thunderbird community wants to remain
part of Mozilla (I would hesitate to say unanimous about this or
virtually any other issue) so the next round of discussions is about
clarifying our position within the Mozilla umbrella. This is not a
trivial point however, and it is important to let Mozilla know that we
are happy to be part of Mozilla and expect to remain so.

:rkent