Google and OAuth 2.0

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 09:42:50 UTC 2015

The article can probably be updated to reflect users will need to toggle
this on. Google did not have a lot of information earlier on I think when
this article was created.

I think many will assume it just doesn't work unless they happen to stumble
across the setting.

On Jan 31, 2015 12:47 AM, "Dave Koelmeyer" <
dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just looking at the Gmail account warning in this help doc:
> https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thunderbird-and-gmail
>
> My understanding was that by enabling the less secure apps setting for
the Gmail account in question Thunderbird would continue to function with
Gmail in the same way it always has. I created a free Gmail account myself
a week or two ago, and by making this setting I can connect using
Thunderbird fine. I also noted information from a Google developer on the
matter at
http://mailman13.u.washington.edu/pipermail/imap-protocol/2014-September/002326.html.