Thanks and Help!

Karen Spencer karen at ksspencer.com
Tue Feb 10 19:33:02 UTC 2015

Hi guys,

About a year ago, I contacted Josiah Bruner about my doubts on the
continuing viability of Thunderbird as my desktop email client after
reading an article that stated Mozilla was no longer committed to
developing and maintaining Thunderbird.  I was concerned since TB is my
primary email account and was wondering if I should switch to Outlook. I
received back a reassuring message from Josiah stating "although the
Mozilla Corp no longer "develops" Thunderbird, the product is still in
great shape and the community continues to land bug fixes and/or
improvements daily."

Evidently then, Josiah added me to the tb-planning mailing list ---
which I'm glad he did.  I actually read those emails (and actually
understand much of it!) which proved to me the great commitment of time
and passion the active volunteers have for delivering and improving a
great email system.

Thank you so much - you guys rock!

I do have an issue with this last update which really bugs me. :-) *No
longer can I paste in an URL in the "Link Location" box* when I'm doing
what I call a hyperlink (Text that contains the link).  I can type in
the link address and it works just fine - but, the box will no longer
accept the address pasted in.  HELP!

Also, if you can send me any information on adjusting the Settings on
size of fonts, I would really appreciate it.  I was using an old desktop
(don't laugh) using Windows XP which recently crashed on me.  My son
came to my aid and set me up a Mac Mini which he had on hand, and
partitioned it so I could use Windows and he installed Windows 7
Ultimate for me.

Everything restored fine, except the size of the fonts on TB are very
different now.  I tried different adjustments in the /Settings/, but
when I type a font in /Write /that is comfortable for me to see (my
eyesight is not the best), when the message is received, the font can be
mixed size, part of it huge.

Also, now the/Inbox/ message font is so small, I strain to see it.  Is
there any way to enlarge that?  In my old system, the font was much
larger and I had no problem.

Thanks for your time,

Karen Spencer