Why we need Gecko updates

Magnus Melin mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Fri Dec 18 09:21:50 UTC 2015

On 16.12.2015 09:24, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> So, wait a second. Why does the split pose all that problem? If m-c and c-c
> would check out into the same directory, mailnews/ and mail/ it would be on
> the same level as browser/, no? Why can't you do that? Should be just a
> matter of git or hg tricks, a one-time work

Just checking out into the same directory would cause a lot of pain as
mentioned in the other thread.  We need to have an easy way to "just get the
code without tinkering", and to be able to hunt down an exact regressing
changeset which is really hard atm since you have two repos that interact and
it may be impossible to get a building version within a regression range.

  -Magnus