A merged comm-/mozilla-central repository is now available

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Fri Dec 18 00:54:22 UTC 2015

On 12/17/2015 1:56 PM, Joshua Cranmer 🐧 wrote:
> It should be able to be automatic, since I don't foresee any merge
> conflicts happening.

I think this is short-sighted. I've been using a mozilla-central branch
for a year in comm-esr38, and in spite of lack of enthusiasm here, I
intend to continue to do that, and start doing it for comm-beta, in the
next cycle. We do need to have subtle differences between m-c and our
as-built version, and we need a concrete way to manage that.

You should have some method to merge m-c into something that is a
canonical copy of m-c, that should not have conflicts, and some other
mechanism to manage a set of patches that are either included or
excluded from our builds.

:rkent