Thunderbird: Paths Forward

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Thu Dec 17 22:39:45 UTC 2015

Thank you for playing negotiator here. Deeply appreciated.
I'm happy that you could take the role, because I have confidence in you.

Thank you particularly, Gerv, for this great and balanced post.

Gervase Markham wrote on 17.12.2015 18:41:
> 2) Fiscal Homes: Hiring a Consultant

+1

> 3) Technical Future: Hiring An Architect

+1

> 4) PEP
>
> I will also continue to talk to both PEP and the Thunderbird Council...
> and I ask for the community's continued patience as we go through that process.

+1
Thank you for that effort

> So I would like to propose that the Council appoint someone to go and
> technically evaluate PEP's technology so Thunderbird has someone "in
> your camp" who is familiar with it and can discuss how it works and how
> it might fit into a potential future Thunderbird+Enigmail+PEP product.

+1

We should also have some (several) hard-core crypto experts voice their
opinion, about both design and implementation of PEP. That's just good
manners when it comes to crypto.

> 5) MoFo Accepting Donations

+1

> 7) Governance