A merged comm-/mozilla-central repository is now available

Joshua Cranmer 🐧 pidgeot18 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 21:56:03 UTC 2015

On 12/17/2015 9:00 AM, Robert Kaiser wrote:
> As the person who created both the c-c repo and its build system, yes,
> please merge this to c-c once it works well. We'll need to make noise
> about it for sure esp. for those people who build Firefox off
> c-c/mozilla but otherwise c-c is where things should live.

Actually, I'll rerun the script when making it live, rather than merging
cypress into comm-central (cypress will likely end up with lots of heads).

> How often or in what cadence do you think we'll merge m-c into c-c in
> the future? Can this be automated? How far? Do we need a comm-inbound
> where we test the merge and fix up issues that keep Thunderbird (and
> IB, SM, whatever) from building?

It should be able to be automatic, since I don't foresee any merge
conflicts happening. The other questions are effectively independent
management questions that can be answered at greater leisure. I've
personally generally thought that merging m-c every day or every m-c
push (waiting ~15min to coalesce multiple tree pushes) (the latter
happening about every 6-24h) seemed about right.

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer