A merged comm-/mozilla-central repository is now available

Robert Kaiser kairo at kairo.at
Thu Dec 17 15:00:29 UTC 2015

Joshua Cranmer 🐧 schrieb:
> The only feasible path forward is for us to merge comm-central and
> mozilla-central into one repository. I (and others) have held out hope
> that Mozilla could be convinced to let mozilla-central be that
> repository, but it is pretty clear at this point that it is not to be,
> and so we must resign ourselves to the fallback option of forking
> mozilla-central and periodically merging new revisions into
> mozilla-central.

\o/

Even though this is the second-best solution, it's great to see.

> The cypress repository is dedicated to testing release automation for
> the necessary changes that need to be made. Once these changes can be
> identified and we get working builds and tests on all the platform, I
> expect that we will have a day where we perform the merge and push to
> comm-central.

As the person who created both the c-c repo and its build system, yes,
please merge this to c-c once it works well. We'll need to make noise
about it for sure esp. for those people who build Firefox off
c-c/mozilla but otherwise c-c is where things should live.

How often or in what cadence do you think we'll merge m-c into c-c in
the future? Can this be automated? How far? Do we need a comm-inbound
where we test the merge and fix up issues that keep Thunderbird (and IB,
SM, whatever) from building?

KaiRo