A merged comm-/mozilla-central repository is now available

Tony Mechelynck antoine.mechelynck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 03:08:01 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 2:59 AM, Joshua Cranmer 🐧 <pidgeot18 at gmail.com> wrote:
> […] It sounds like the SeaMonkey
> maintainers are planning on pulling DOM inspector and chatzilla into the new
> repository as well, but I'm not directly involved in that decision.

The current client.py (at least when building the Suite) already
grafts the cZ and DOMi repositories as (IIRC) subdirectories of
mozilla/extensions/, on its grafted mozilla-central repo; so IIUC the
change wouldn't be a big one for SeaMonkey. If comm-central becomes
the master repo for both cZ and DOMi, where the change would be big
would be for cZ and DOMi themselves, who would no longer be able to
release their own XPIs without having a clone of the full (and even
bigger then than is it now) comm-central; so my guess would be that
the SeaMonkey Council (of which I am admittedly not a member) might
welcome such a merge, but that the final decision would rest with the
owners of cZ and DOMi themselves. I don't know, and can't tell, which
scale of the pair will be more weighty for them.

This is only a side issue for this particular news thread anyway.

Best regards,
Tony