Thunderbird: 2015-12-15

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Wed Dec 16 18:56:59 UTC 2015

On 12/16/2015 12:39 AM, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> Could you please elaborate? The rest of the post has a lot about
> releases, bugfixes, but I found nothing about governance and future in
> the post.
>
> Ben Bucksch wrote on 16.12.2015 09:36:
>>

>>       MAIN FOCUS OF MEETING
>>
>>   * governance, futures (rkent: nothing I want to volunteer, but I
>>     can answer questions).

Let's see, the real answer is that I have spent way too much time on
this already, JsAccount which is absolutely mission critical for me in
TB38 is way behind where it should be, and I need to focus my energy
there. Plus I've received a lot of flak recently for my public comments,
so that does not exactly inspire me toward more.

Gerv will be posting on Thunderbird in the next few days, so I think you
can wait to see what he has to say.

While you are waiting, here is a fascinating web page put together by
some folks at TDF about Thunderbird's future:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Ideas_for_the_integration_of_Thunderbird_with_LibreOffice

:rkent