Why we need Gecko updates

Jim squibblyflabbetydoo at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 23:00:48 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 3:16 AM, Ben Bucksch <ben.bucksch at beonex.com> wrote:

> Jim wrote on 09.12.2015 09:57:
>
>> it's probably possible to handle the remaining 10% on your own
>>

> Go ahead and try it.
>
> I've tried.

Unlike Postbox, I'm not a corporation with (I assume?) multiple developers
who can work full-time on supporting the product. Without contacting the
Postbox folks, we can't know how they handle this, but I'm not going to
just assume they're doing things poorly without any evidence supporting
that theory. From the outside, all we can say is that security issues don't
*appear* to be a major issue for Postbox.

Of course, this doesn't mean that we should necessarily follow their lead,
but I'd be interested in seeing what an actual Postbox developer has to say
about this issue.

- Jim