pep financing proposal

Patrick Brunschwig patrick at
Fri Dec 4 16:31:23 UTC 2015

On 04.12.15 09:45, R. Kent James wrote:
> On 12/3/2015 1:55 PM, Patrick Brunschwig wrote:
>> Frankly speaking, I'm very disappointed by the decision the Council has
>> taken. I fully agree with Ben that this would have been a dream solution
>> for me, and I would indeed like to hear the main arguments from both
>> sides. After all, this agreement could have secured the (financial)
>> future of Thunderbird for the foreseeable time.
>> I just hope that the Council has offer(s) from other partner(s) on the
>> table to secure the future of Thunderbird, otherwise I'm starting to get
>> slightly worried. The least thing I would want is a fork from
>> Thunderbird.
>> -Patrick
> For the record, the Council has not taken any decision, the only vote we
> have had was to make certain points in our next response to p≡p. Not all
> of the picture is visible yet, nothing has been finally decided, we are
> continuing to talk to the p≡p Foundation, and it would be great if
> everyone could avoid rushing to judgement and give us some space to work
> through the complicated issues involved.

I'm sorry -- I didn't mean to put any pressure on you or the Council to
take a (specific) decision :-( . The article on Heise was written in a
way that suggested that a final decision was already taken, which was
quite a surprise for me.

If that's not the case then I have no problem waiting. I know that
decisions that involve many people can be complicated...


More information about the tb-planning mailing list