pep financing proposal

Volker Birk vb at pep-project.org
Fri Dec 4 14:57:24 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 04, 2015 at 02:05:47PM +0000, Gervase Markham wrote:
> Please believe me when I assure you that if you want a Thunderbird/PEP
> deal to happen, this is the best thing for all Thunderbird supporters to
> do right now.

I agree. And: Gerv, thank you so much for helping here!

I want to add, just that it's not falling under the table: p≡p did a
long-term commitment supporting Thunderbird, and not only something for
the short. We initially were offering that we fully finance and support
Thunderbird for years, and the information about the amount of money
which is needed was provided by Thunderbird council themselves. We are
organized for being able to put 100% in, and just carry the project –
while we're not able to be the new home. So the initial idea was to
move Thunderbird to a new home which is not p≡p foundation, and this
cannot be changed.

Because this deal wasn't accepted by Thunderbird council, it was Mark
who brought the idea of doing a transitional project instead in the
first place. I want to emphasize that I'm still finding this a very good
idea. Of course, I'm expecting Thunderbird council to have good reasons
for rejecting our financing in the first place, and so we have something
more step-by-step, which will lead us all into the position that we all
can make a well-informed decision.

Now I will shut up as well, because I'm really trusting in Gerv being
able to bring the lose ends together, so we can quickly find a solution,
how we can save Thunderbird, and give it a sustainable future again. p≡p
foundation still has this goal to save Thunderbird, and I want to fully
support Gerv to make it happen now.

Yours,
VB.
--