pep financing proposal

Tony Mechelynck antoine.mechelynck at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 07:38:43 UTC 2015

Maybe some (many?) of us would have preferred everything to happen in
the open where we could have followed it like a TV serial from day 0.
But that kind of openness is not always possible. If you know
corporate CEOs and their PR managers, they don't like the press (and
therefore the competition) to know in advance the details of the
agreements which they are negotiating, and if they had known that
Thunderbird would, by policy, let the whole negotiation happen out in
the open, there would have been no negotiation at all; instead, the
deal would have been: “Sorry, but not from us; get your sponsoring
elsewhere”, full stop. They would have regarded open negotiation as
inviting overbids and outbids by the competition, and they are not
ready to offer, at the start, enough of their “hardly won corporate
money” to outbid any possible aftercomer for the same advert space.

Best regards,
Tony.