pep financing proposal

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 22:27:02 UTC 2015

I'm just going add that I think the council had a duty to disclose this
offer publicly to the rest of the thunderbird project before making a
decision or either way.

Quote from the Council chair on open discussion:

"Because we are a community project, we discuss our real issues openly.
If the press decides to grab onto some topic and run with it, we cannot
control that, and we won't try. I will not promote more closed
discussions out of fear for FUD from the press."

Why did open discussion not apply here? Afaik really the council doesn't
even have legal authority to negotiate any deals anyways so was Mozilla
leadership informed of the offer? Why was no disclose to the community
given.

Seems like a great offer and I echo Ben and Joshua's sentiments.