pep financing proposal

Joshua Cranmer 🐧 pidgeot18 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:06:56 UTC 2015

On 12/3/2015 12:42 PM, Ben Bucksch wrote:
> From what I understand, they already had an understanding, ready to be
> signed. But finally, Kent James declined their offer. I don't
> understand why, and speaking personally with Volker, I frankly don't
> see a reason. Kent, do you see an overwhelming reason to throw that
> into the wind?

That is not the case. You are hearing only one half of the story. Since
a lot of the relevant communication has been conducted in private, I
shan't repeat it. However, I will say that if you were to only hear the
other half, you would think that pEp were conducting a bait-and-switch
operation to hijack control of the Thunderbird project. The truth is
obviously somewhere in the middle, and this is a good object lesson in
why one should endeavor to hear all sides of a story before drawing
conclusions.

--
Joshua Cranmer
Thunderbird and DXR developer