Mitchell Baker's memo

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Tue Dec 1 21:14:25 UTC 2015

On 2015-12-02 04:02, Patrick Cloke wrote:

> Maybe not quite "Thunderbird is dead", but a bit of a sensational-ized
> post is on Hacker News: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=10654861.
> I've already had two friends ask me questions like "Mozilla is trying
> to...basically kill...Thunderbird?"
>
> Just anecdotal experience though. :)

Also https://twitter.com/fjdekermadec/status/671509421407780866 [1], and
this is what I'm getting at - not "this has been in train for some time
and the post contains nothing new for those in the know". From an
end-user view I doubt many people are going to dig into the detail, and
I strongly suspect this is going to be spun from some quarters
(including competing products) as Thunderbird is dead/dying/being
killing and such. A updated blog post perhaps stating and summarising
some facts (e.g. "we're here, we're growing, we've pushed out n releases
since being community driven and will continue to do so") could be
useful to deflect this and reassure folks who use the product.

Cheers,
Dave

Links:
------