Thunderbird and end-to-end email encryption – should this be a priority?

Volker Birk vb at pep-project.org
Mon Aug 31 15:56:22 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 05:38:48PM +0200, neandr wrote:
> Can you / or someone else comment about the threat with pretty easy
> privacy... the pEp (p≡p)? Think that's a promising technology ... and those
> people seems to support TB also!

I hope no one is seeing a threat with us. If so, please tell me why!
Of course, we're chary with communication yet. But the reason is not
that we want to be a threat. There are too many projects already which
blabber more than they can deliver. So we decided to do it exactly the
other way around.

Our first releases are planned for October 1st 2015. That's one month to
go. So let's see if we can convince people with what we can deliver
then.

We're working on some media information right now. For us Thunderbird is
a strategic platform. And that leads us into supporting Thunderbird
wherever we can.

Yours,
VB.
--