Re: Thunderbird and end-to-end email encryption – should this be a priority?

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Tue Aug 25 10:11:27 UTC 2015

Hi Kent,

On 25/08/15 21:31, R Kent James wrote:
> This is the text from a blog post today on the Thunderbird blog:
>
> See
> https://blog.mozilla.org/thunderbird/2015/08/thunderbird-and-end-to-end-email-encryption-should-this-be-a-priority/
>
> Should this be a focus for Thunderbird development?

Insofar as it being a critical differentiating feature for Thunderbird,
I think so yes. There is likely a niche to be made here for particularly
sensitive industries where endpoint encryption in an email client would
be a powerful selling point (something I am pushing myself with
Thunderbird and prospective clients). Having said that, Enigmail's setup
wizard is actually pretty straightforward (albeit generally still needs
a little technical know-how and explanation to get up and running for
non-technical users).

Cheers,
Dave

--