Thunderbird and Addons

Magnus Melin mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Mon Aug 24 20:02:45 UTC 2015

So far I've always been inclined to just follow what Firefox does,
that's the platform we have to build on after all. If even possible, we
don't have the resources to maintain such deviations and would just
postponing a inevitable transition to whatever toolkit switched to.
Since our release cycle is as long as it is with next release 45, then
52 - even for the 52-release (or the next at the latest) there is little
guarantee for those points to work out if Firefox has moved on.

  -Magnus

(#2 is discussed in bug 1168571)