Thunderbird 38 beta 2 is available

Blake Winton bwinton at mozilla.com
Fri Apr 24 16:10:52 UTC 2015

I disagree.  I don’t think most people care what the underlying storage format is, and so once we believe maildir is at an acceptable level of stability and performance, we should just switch to it automatically.  (Only for new accounts at first, so that we don’t hang people’s machines on upgrade.  ;)  But perhaps we could also provide an “Upgrade storage format” button that had a progress bar and stuff in a later version.)

Thanks,
Blake.
--
Blake Winton   UX Engineer