Thunderbird 38 beta 2 is available

Mihovil Stanić mihovil at miho.im
Fri Apr 24 11:18:43 UTC 2015

I managed to setup maildir and since I have almost 20GB of emails (some
folders contain around 12000 messages), I will be able to see if it
works or not. :)

Anyway, my initial impression is that maildir visibility when creating
new mail account is BAD.
I spent 30 min and 4 profile deletions until I found out HOW to enable
MailDir.
If you just installed TB, you will be prompted with account creation
wizard. That wizard has NO reference to maildir at all. To enable it,
you must go trough whole wizard, setup everything, but don't click "FINISH".
When you have setup everything, go advanced setting, and then find your
account, go to SERVER SETTINGS, then on very bottom, there is small text
"TYPE OF MESSAGE STORAGE", switch to maildir and OK.

This is not very intuitive and most people will not even know maildir
exists. Type of storage should me inside accout setup wizard.

Best regards,
Mihovil