Thunderbird 38 beta 2 is available

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Fri Apr 24 10:59:56 UTC 2015

On 4/23/2015 10:12 PM, Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) <vseerror at lehigh.edu>
wrote:
> Kent has provided this list of testing points and particular issues to
> watch for:
>
> 1) Cross-server moves and copies are poorly tested [in automated tests].
> Cross-server can include between maildir dirs, from maildir to mbox, and
> from mbox to maildir.
> 2) Filter are always problematic. That needs to include imap, POP3, both
> incoming and after-the-fact (such as manual or post-bayes filters)
> 3) Spam processing, including moves of spam messages.
> 4) Large folders approaching 4 Gigabytes. I don't really know what
> happens when we pass that limit.
> 5) Folders with a large message count.
> 6) Virtual folders
> 7) Gloda indexing of messages
>
> Network [file share] behavior has always been an issue, not sure if
> maildir will be any better, but it would be good to test.
>
> You can only enable maildir for new accounts. Setting a global
> Tools/Options/Advanced/Message store type for new accounts is the best
> way to create a new a new maildir account, For POP3 you can do it in
> Advanced config, but that does not work in IMAP.

Thanks Wayne, will set up a new Portable install this weekend just for
testing Maildir on some of my less important accounts...

I'm unconcerned about having to fix any local problems.

What I'm mostly worried about is something weird that actually causes
data loss on the server side.

So, before I do:

Has anyone ever encountered, or are there any Maildir related bugs -
'fixed' or otherwise - reporting data loss on the server side?

Thanks again...