Thunderbird 38 beta 2 is available

Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) vseerror at lehigh.edu
Fri Apr 24 02:03:14 UTC 2015

On 4/23/2015 7:01 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 4/23/2015 2:35 AM, R Kent James <kent at caspia.com> wrote:
>> MailDir works with IMAP accounts. I've been running with maildir on IMAP
>> for several months now with no issues.
>
> Thanks for this, but can you elaborate a little?
>
> How many IMAP accounts do you have, and how much mail in them? Any of
> them with lots of folders?
>
> Is there a doc or blog page describing the current state, what to
> expect, best practices, etc?
>
> I'm guessing that maildir won't be the default storage option on new
> installs for 38?
>
> Thanks, I'm tempted to try it....

Your enthusiasm is great.  This feature has been used by several people
for an extended period of time, but it important to note that it has NOT
yet undergone formal testing nor has it been exposed to a wide variety
of users.  Therefore, it is suggested USE WITH CAUTION.  But testing ins
and filing of bugs is welcomed.

Kent has provided this list of testing points.