Combined From/Recipient column ("Correspondents") in thread pane - What do you think?

Josiah Bruner josiah at programmer.net
Fri Apr 10 12:18:18 UTC 2015

Personally, I think it's fine to (auto) make it the default, assuming
there is a pref to disable it. In essence it does the same thing as From
and Recipient, so I don't think people will become that upset about it.
If someone comes up with a circumstance where the new column does LESS
than the old implementation, then we should address that. Otherwise, who
cares?

For example, I more or less used the default columns, which only
included the From field. After the upgrade, all I see is that it appears
to have been renamed to Correspondents. No functionality is missing, so
it was a non-issue. Have you noticed missing functionality?

Yes, people don't like change, but compared to my Composer stuff, this
is an extremely minor UI property to fight against. Believe me, I've had
plenty of hate mail from people in the past, and I can (almost) assure
you that no one will start an uprising because of this. :)

Josiah Bruner [:JosiahOne]
Thunderbird UX/Front End