Re: Fwd: Re: [bedrock] Fix Bug 1150083 - Make Fx38 Win64 build ofbeta Available on moz.org (#2884)

Aceman acelists at atlas.sk
Thu Apr 2 10:27:26 UTC 2015

Hi.

Pure JS extensions should work, the problem are binary addons (like mentioned Lightning) and third party plugins (like Flash). User must match them correctly. Even on 64bit Windows the default Internet Explorer is 32bit (the 64bit version is hidden in the menu for advanced users).

And of course there could be hidden problems (crashes, memory leaks, read of incorrect memory) if there is some C++ code that somehow hardcodes 32bit pointer size (4 bytes) while other code using that same pointer expects platform native size (8 bytes for 64bit OS), etc.