Fwd: Re: [bedrock] Fix Bug 1150083 - Make Fx38 Win64 build of beta Available on moz.org (#2884)

Benjamin Kerensa bkerensa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 20:57:22 UTC 2015

The question is will release engineering pickup the cost of new win64
builds for TB? As I understand the build infrastructure this would require
more AWS servers which is more money from their budget.

On Apr 1, 2015 1:25 PM, "R Kent James" <kent at caspia.com> wrote:

> Looking at this briefly, FF will offer win64 in standard download
locations for the nightly, aurora, and beta channels. But the one-click
download will still be win32. See
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/developer/all/ for the aurora
channel, the referenced change (which does not appear to have made it to
production yet) does the equivalent for the beta channel, so it has been
available on aurora (developer edition) for awhile.

> We only build win64 on the nightly channel as I understand it. Our
totally nightly channel users are less than 1000, so I suspect we have at
the most 10-20 win64 users. That is, this is unsupported and virtually
untested. So while our total ADI is estimated at approximately 1/20th that
of FF, our win64 usage is probably many orders of magnitude less than
Firefox. So we need to be asking ourselves how to get some people to test
this, before we start offering on beta. But I think we should start
building on aurora and beta at least.

shows Linux and Linux-64: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/all.html?

> :rkent
>

> On 4/1/2015 12:33 PM, Philipp Kewisch wrote:
>>
>> Heads up, it looks like Firefox is making win64 builds more visible.
Should we?

reply+000943deea88fc34052a8c08318ac18625f0359f0bdd990092cf00000001113409be92a169ce03eaf9d1 at reply.github.com