Fwd: Re: [bedrock] Fix Bug 1150083 - Make Fx38 Win64 build of beta Available on moz.org (#2884)

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Wed Apr 1 20:24:55 UTC 2015

Looking at this briefly, FF will offer win64 in standard download
locations for the nightly, aurora, and beta channels. But the one-click
download will still be win32. See
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/developer/all/ for the aurora
channel, the referenced change (which does not appear to have made it to
production yet) does the equivalent for the beta channel, so it has been
available on aurora (developer edition) for awhile.

We only build win64 on the nightly channel as I understand it. Our
totally nightly channel users are less than 1000, so I suspect we have
at the most 10-20 win64 users. That is, this is unsupported and
virtually untested. So while our total ADI is estimated at approximately
1/20th that of FF, our win64 usage is probably many orders of magnitude
less than Firefox. So we need to be asking ourselves how to get some
people to test this, before we start offering on beta. But I think we
should start building on aurora and beta at least.

Let me ask another, related question.  Firefox detailed download page
shows Linux and Linux-64: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

Why don't we show Linux-64 at
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/all.html?

:rkent