Quality game plan for the coming release of Thunderbird

Wayne Mery (Thunderbird QA) vseerror at Lehigh.EDU
Tue Sep 30 13:15:36 UTC 2014

On 5/9/2014 10:27 AM, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 5/9/2014 10:00 AM, Ludovic Hirlimann <lhirlimann at mozilla.com> wrote:
>> On 09/05/2014 15:33, Tanstaafl wrote:
>>> One thing - is there a list of the most important/largest changes,
>>> that will give me an idea of where to focus testing?
>
>> Most of the changes are under the hood - but not much to interact with
>> the users yet - so It's more did we regress anywhere - are some things
>> badly broken - that we are looking for.
>
> Gotcha... I look forward to it...
>
> But I'd still be very interested in some technical reading on the
> details for these 'under the hood' changes... :)

There is no such thing as a technical summary for Thunderbird version
releases as you might get for a commercial vendor's paid application or
OS, from IBM for example.

The best you get (which isn't bad) are the accumulated release notes
[1], and the extensive list of bug fixes that are linked from the
release notes.  The list of fixes can be reduced somewhat if you
eliminate fixes to the build system, trivial fixes, etc.

[1] Accumulated release notes for version 31:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/31.0/releasenotes/