The DarkMail Alliance

Patrick Cloke clokep at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 14:48:10 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Kent James <kent at caspia.com> wrote:

> Thanks Patrick for reporting on this. (More comments inline)
>
> On 8/8/2014 8:24 PM, Patrick Cloke wrote:
>
>  Bringing back a really old thread, I hope that's ok.
>
> I'm currently at Def Con 22 and went to a talk today on "Dark Mail", which
> is now called DIME (Dark Internet Mail Environment). There seems to be some
> real protocol implementations now AND a reference implementation that's
> (imagine my surprise) based on Thunderbird 24 (their fork is called
> Volcano). I'm unsure if this has been publicly released.
>

> I hope that when this is publicly released that we can try to defork to
> some extent, and reposition their effort as a Thunderbird addon.

Just wanted to reply again and say that the presentation has now been
released [1], page 22 is where some technical stuff starts (I think...the
PDF is loading super well for me right now).

--Patrick

[1]
https://media.defcon.org/DEF%20CON%2022/DEF%20CON%2022%20presentations/Ladar%20Levison%20and%20%20Stephen%20Watt%20-%20Updated/DEFCON-22-Levison-Watt-Dark-Mail-UPDATED.pdf