Thunderbird Reorganization: Summary Plan

R Kent James kent at caspia.com
Wed Sep 10 16:19:24 UTC 2014

On 9/10/2014 5:31 AM, neandr at gmx.de wrote:
> but I'm missing a statement about using and pending on the Mozilla
> software base as much as possible. A common technology base is
> indispensable for the Thunderbird eco system and also the add-on
> scenario.
That was not included because, AFAIK, there have been no serious
proposals to deviate from the current reliance on the core Mozilla
software base, so this has not been a point of contention.

There have been some discussions to try to increase the overlap between
the Gaia email product and Thunderbird. If Thunderbird viewed their
mission to be promoting the web as a platform, in compliance with the
current overall Mozilla Mission, then we should be making it a high
priority to morph our product into a web app by increasing overlap with
Gaia. That direction is neither encouraged nor discouraged by this proposal.

--

	R. Kent James
Personal: kent at caspia.com
Business: rkent at mesquilla.com