News about summit funding

Mike Conley mconley at mozilla.com
Sun Sep 7 21:44:53 UTC 2014


So, for clarity, here's where we are.

We have a budget (~$50k), and I've been put in contact with ProTravel
Inc, who is aware of our arrangement with MoCo. So the money has a pipe
to ProTravel Inc.

Monday, ProTravel Inc is expecting information from me about when, where
and who. rkent indicated in IRC last Friday that we're still aiming for
our October date, which (unless I hear otherwise), I'm going to send to
ProTravel Inc.

I will also get names / e-mail addresses of registrants from rkent.

Then, I believe ProTravel Inc will set up a mini website where attendees
register - they supply information for ProTravel Inc to book flights and
hotels. And then they go and do that, along with arranging things with
caterers here in Toronto.

Meanwhile, I will be booking the community space in the Toronto office
for us for those days.

So, unless I receive information to dissuade me, I will be carrying out
the above tomorrow.

-Mike

On 2014-09-04 4:34 PM, Kent James wrote:
> On 9/4/2014 8:29 AM, Mike Conley wrote:
>> Hey tb-planning,
>>
>> For the past few weeks, we've been in a "go / no-go" holding pattern for
>> the proposed summit, because our funding wasn't assured.
>>
>> Today, mhoye received e-mail from Mitchell saying that we've got the OK
>> to spend the funds allocated to Thunderbird on our gathering.
>>
>> That sounds like enough of a "go" to me - rkent, do you concur?
> Sorry to be slow to respond to this, I've been busy doing debugging all
> morning that requires I run Thunderbird on a test profile. Thanks Mike
> for working on this, and yes this is good news!
> 
> So do you have the authority to spend that money now? If not, does
> anybody? How much money is it? Are there restrictions? Like, how do I
> answer Roland's question "Kent: please let me know as soon as you can if
> you can fund my travel out of the Thunderbird funds" Who has the
> authority to answer that? I certainly don't.
> 
> I was hoping for more clarity at this point. At the rate things have
> been progressing, it could easily be weeks before we get that clarity -
> and we are less than 6 weeks away from the proposed summit.
> 
> My sense is that there are just too many unknowns at this point to move
> forward in time for October. It is already way, way late to be trying to
> get travel and such organized. I really think we should consider
> declaring victory, then get the accounting and governance organized so
> that we can make decisions concerning how we allocate the money, and
> reschedule for some time in the winter or spring so that we have proper
> time to promote and plan this.
> 
> Let's hear what other people say, and make a decision on Monday. Mike,
> can you get more clarity on this?
> 
> October or later folks?
> 
> :rkent
> _______________________________________________
> tb-planning mailing list
> tb-planning at mozilla.org
> https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/tb-planning



More information about the tb-planning mailing list