News about summit funding
mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Sun Sep 7 11:42:32 UTC 2014
On 04.09.2014 23:34, Kent James wrote:
> On 9/4/2014 8:29 AM, Mike Conley wrote:
>> Hey tb-planning,
>> For the past few weeks, we've been in a "go / no-go" holding pattern for
>> the proposed summit, because our funding wasn't assured.
>> Today, mhoye received e-mail from Mitchell saying that we've got the OK
>> to spend the funds allocated to Thunderbird on our gathering.
>> That sounds like enough of a "go" to me - rkent, do you concur?
> Sorry to be slow to respond to this, I've been busy doing debugging
> all morning that requires I run Thunderbird on a test profile. Thanks
> Mike for working on this, and yes this is good news!
> So do you have the authority to spend that money now? If not, does
> anybody? How much money is it? Are there restrictions? Like, how do I
> answer Roland's question "Kent: please let me know as soon as you can
> if you can fund my travel out of the Thunderbird funds" Who has the
> authority to answer that? I certainly don't.
> I was hoping for more clarity at this point. At the rate things have
> been progressing, it could easily be weeks before we get that clarity
> - and we are less than 6 weeks away from the proposed summit.
> My sense is that there are just too many unknowns at this point to
> move forward in time for October. It is already way, way late to be
> trying to get travel and such organized. I really think we should
> consider declaring victory, then get the accounting and governance
> organized so that we can make decisions concerning how we allocate the
> money, and reschedule for some time in the winter or spring so that we
> have proper time to promote and plan this.
> Let's hear what other people say, and make a decision on Monday. Mike,
> can you get more clarity on this?
> October or later folks?
October works for me.
Indeed it's a victory, but also an excellent example of how the
government structure is way too stale atm.
More information about the tb-planning