Summit Part 2: Funding -- How get attention for a "donation"

Onno Ekker o.e.ekker at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 07:19:17 UTC 2014

For a while after installing or upgrading my Forward extension for
Thunderbird, I opened Firefox showing a page with the new features and a
Contribute button. This was before Thunderbird had tabs.
I only got two few complaints ever, even while opening a browser when you
start your mail client is quite disruptive. One person complaining was
complaining because for him the page was opened every time he opened
Thunderbird. Apparently something with storing/retrieving his preferences
was broken, but we never figured out the cause of that.
After someone filed a bug for it, I decided to drop the "feature". I
couldn't easily change it to open a new tab in Thunderbird and the revenues
were decreasing after each release anyway...

Onno