Summit Part 2: Funding -- How get attention for a "donation"

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 21:34:22 UTC 2014

Genius!

> A menuitem in the Help submenu could work, in addition to the Start page.
I would also *propose a TOP LEVEL menu item* , for those who use the full menu, and or
label in the caption area for those who don't.

What I really like about a menu item is that it :

1. takes very little screen space
2. is immediately understood as a command (could be jump to donation page or subscribe
to pro version)
3. is permanent. I highly recommend making it a color so it sticks out a little. maybe
even a subtle but cool animation (does anybody remember netscape) every 20 minutes
that can be disabled. It should also "echo" the color / or logo of the landing page so
it is understood as an "extension" of the Thunderbird identity.
4. Can be removed for the "subscribed version"
5. If it is top right or top left it is in a visual hot spot

I also believe it should include an icon (16px max) to show that we are different, but
opinions on this might vary.

A rough photoshopped Example on how this would look here on my windows:

I would strongly agree that this is the way to  go!

regards
*Axel <mailto:axel.grude at gmail.com>*
Software Developer
Keys, SmartTemplate4)