Summit Part 2: Funding -- How get attention for a "donation"

neandr at gmx.de neandr at gmx.de
Thu Oct 23 18:35:28 UTC 2014

For reaching users attention for a donation using Thunderbird itself
seems to be more then logical. And yes it can be a negative impact with
the wrong decision.

Thinking about it, there are different ways to get attention:
-- slash screen
-- start page
-- opening a tab after upgrade of TB or with new install
-- adding a menu item to the Hamburger (the TB Menu placed to the far
right on the menu bar.
-- adding a menu item on the menu bar itself (could also only be
displayed after upgrade/new install)
-- adding a menu item on each message (to the others on the top right)
... think that's overkill
   (with menu item a tab/splash would be opened)

-- as long as TB hold the statusbar the menu item could be placed there,
before the online icon

How about pros/cons for those possibilities?

Guenter