Summit Part 2: Funding

Mike Conley mconley at mozilla.com
Thu Oct 23 18:42:43 UTC 2014

My feelings are aligned with Josiah's.

Splash screens are useful for heavy software packages that need to do a
lot of component loading, as a way of giving the user feedback that
something is happening (think Adobe Premier, or Visual Studio).

A splash / nag screen to gather donations... feels pretty icky. We
should be making it easier and faster for a user to get to their email.
We should never slow them down.

-Mike